From the Hip Video is committed to processing personal information about its customers, suppliers and contacts in a way that complies with its legal and regulatory obligations. Moreover, we want to be clear with you about what we do with your personal information.
This Policy explains how we use any personal information we may collect or receive about you when you use our services or otherwise have contact with us.
Full name of legal entity: From the Hip Video Ltd
Postal address: The Barn, Tilford Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 8HU
For any enquiries or requests regarding data collection please email [email protected].
Personal information that From the Hip Video may collect about you
We may collect personal information about you when:
- you use our website
- you complete one of our online forms or other data collection processes
- you use one of our services, including as a contracted client or other customer
- you contact us, by email, face to face or by telephone, enquiring about one of our services
- we meet you at an event or otherwise source your information from public sources for business development purposes
- we engage you as a supplier, contractor or freelancer
- we engage you as onscreen talent or otherwise use your image or likeness in the content we produce
We may collect the following types of information about you from your contact with us:
- your name, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- information required to provide you with our services, and details of our services that you have used
- information required to receive your services, and details of your services that we have used
- your payment information and bank details for invoicing
- details of any enquiry you make to us
- your image or likeness or other identifiers if you appear in content that we produce
Why From the Hip Video collects personal information and the legal basis under which we use it
Primarily, we collect your personal data to enable us to provide the best service we possibly can to our clients and suppliers.
We process your personal information to:
- provide you with the service that you have requested from us (including via our selected third party suppliers eg freelancers and crew), therefore enabling us to meet our contractual commitments to you
- administer our contract whether you are a client or a contractor, freelancer or supplier
- provide you with information on other services which we feel you may have an interest in, based on similarities with previously completed work or your enquiry to us
- notify you or share with you relevant blogs we write which relate to video or we believe you will have an interest in based on similarities with previously completed work completed or your enquiry to us
- notify you about any changes to our website, our location, our services, our pricing or any other information related to delivering our services to you, this also includes Christmas greetings, project completion gifts and our newsletters
Generally the lawful basis on which we will legally use your information for the above purposes is either to fulfil a contract with you, or otherwise, it is in our legitimate interest to process your data and /or contact you including as a client or business contact. Alternatively if you have actively requested information or signed up to a newsletter or other email list, we will have your consent to send you those communications. If your personal data appears in our content as your image or likeness or other identifiers, it is in our legitimate interest to process it to create and make available the content for our clients, pursuant to our contracts with you and/or our clients.
Please be assured that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to any advertisers.
As outlined above, occasionally, we use your data to provide you with information which we believe will be of interest to you based on the work or enquiry you engaged with us on. We will always give you the option to opt out of further communications. If you do not want us to send you similar information in the future, please use the unsubscribe process provided in the messages, or otherwise contact us at [email protected].
Other reasons we may process your data
We may also process your personal information for general business administration, record keeping and legal compliance, including the following purposes:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our legal rights;
- protect the rights of third parties; and
- in connection with any business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
Use in this way may involve us sharing your personal information with professional advisers such as lawyers and accountants and/or governmental or regulatory authorities. It is in our legitimate interest to use your information in this way.
How From the Hip Video stores your personal information
Any personal data that is provided to us is kept secure with appropriate technological and organisation measures. It is stored on our password protected workflow max system. For details on Workflow max, please refer to https://www.workflowmax.com/terms
Please note however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically. This is done so entirely at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access work in progress for feedback or sign off, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
From data collection, we will store your personal information for up to 24 months. However we may retain it for longer if we continue to be engaged in contractual work with you, or otherwise still have a legal necessity to process your data or have another lawful basis or requirement to retain it for longer.
When From the Hip Video will share your personal information
We may disclose personal information to our trusted third party suppliers only when it is relevant to enable them to support us in the delivery of our contractual obligations to you. For example, freelance camera crew, or outsourced tech or admin providers. We will always have proper contracts and processes in place with such third parties to ensure they only use your data on our instruction and otherwise protect your data in the same way that we do.
It is in our legitimate interests to share your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best service we can to you.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
How you can contact From the Hip Video
Please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].